Monday, May 22, 2017

A Summary Timeline of Some Sort (for now)

June 2016: Was uncertain about applying HLP (a scholarship given by JPA to post-graduate candidates) because of the issue of my unpaid maternity leave. Did my Istikharah and applied anyways. It was along the lines of "It if was meant for me, nothing can stop me from getting it".

August 2016: Enrolled with the so called TGP group for MPH/DrPH candidates of Headquarters (Putrajaya). I'm the last one in. I heard about it quite late and called the person in charge. I suppose it has already been written by God that I was suppose to get in. A candidate was kicked out of the group because of some attitude problem I'm not purview to.

November 2016: The results for the "Saringan Pertama" HLP came out and I made the first cut, Alhamdulillah. It was some what a surprise and it increased my resolve to continue pursuing this.

Around November to December 2016: We had a few attachments with different PKDs. Had an experience of going to Pejabat Kesihatan KLIA and saw how international screening was done at the entrance gate of a country. Went for an attachment at PKD Petaling and went through various experience on the ground. Subhanallah such an eye-opener. Will write in detail about this some time later, InshaAllah.

January 2017: Flew to HUSM, Kelantan for our entrance exam and interview. Will write on this later also in a different post. 

2nd May 2017: HLP results came out. I did not make the cut. Was ambivalent initially.

3rd May 2017: Whatsapp-ed Dr Zul (our TGP coordinator). Was at first told I did not make the reserve list. Slightly disappointed at the beginning but then decided to try again for next year. Got a call in the evening from UPM HOD - I was offered a place at UPM because I'm actually on the reserved list! Allahuakbar! Apparently Dr Zul mistakenly missed my name on the list. So, I was eligible to try out for Cuti Belajar Bergaji Penuh (CBBP).

5th May 2017: Send in the forms. Was told not to keep my hopes to high and prepare for the worst.

Today (22nd May 2017): Still waiting for the CBBP results....


No comments:

Post a Comment